why arent they laying?

mcochicks

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 4, 2014
orlando, fl
Hi chicken friends! I have 8 hens and they go as follows...5 golden comets who are 8 months old and i get 1 to 2 eggs per day. 1 golden laced wyandotte and 1 wheaton maran both stopped laying 2 months ago. 1 silkie who is 6 months old and has not layed yet. Any info would be much appreciated!! Thanks guys!

Too old? The wyandote and maran are about 1 year old to 1 1/2 years old. Got them from a friend a couple months ago because something killed all her other chickens so i thought it was just because they had to settle in but its been a while now and still no eggs

Too old? The wyandote and maran are about 1 year old to 1 1/2 years old. Got them from a friend a couple months ago because something killed all her other chickens so i thought it was just because they had to settle in but its been a while now and still no eggs
THey are going threw an "Egg" cycle.Most 1 year hens do.My hens quit fora while.They lay for so long then a certain cycle hits,which causes them to stop.

Are you sure of their age, sure they were laying before you got them. Doubt stress since you've had them 2 months, but a long time to see no eggs.

RE: silkie, is she showing any signs that time is near. Don't know about those, but read a post last year someone's BO didn't start til about 9 months old.

Wow okay thanks guys. Just found out that the maran and the wyandotte are 2.5 years old. Theprfan some of the reds have not layed yet so could tthis cycle still be the case?

Wow okay thanks guys. Just found out that the maran and the wyandotte are 2.5 years old. Theprfan some of the reds have not layed yet so could tthis cycle still be the case?
Yes,but soon enough they should lay better then any of the hens you have.The marans should be laying.Same for the wyandotte.The adults could be sick,or possibly stressed.Are you positive ofa ged?

Back
Top Bottom