why can't I find dun or khaki sumatra????

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
this is my third year trying to get this variety...to no avail. I tried multiple batches from an ebay'er last year with 0% hatch, I think 4 batches at least and a couple hundred bucks. Does anyone have any?????
fl.gif

I got my eggs from gamebirdsonly, on one of the swap threads.

I think I remember a PM from you asking, I'm not sure though? Sometimes I'm terrible at responding to PMs.

My chicks are hatching now, I think I may have a Platinum baby!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh, now don't u rub it in....I have some of those in the bator but all but 1 has quit
hu.gif
so they were fertile but I guess I am just not meant to have ' em....one last ditch effort and then I will have to beg someone to hatch and send me chicks
sad.png

Quote:
Oh, now don't u rub it in....I have some of those in the bator but all but 1 has quit
hu.gif
so they were fertile but I guess I am just not meant to have ' em....one last ditch effort and then I will have to beg someone to hatch and send me chicks
sad.png

Well, as of right now I think I have two babies out. The other was darker colored and I think might be Blue. A friend of mine really wants to start working with Dun in Sumatra, so we'll be sharing these birds. Depending on how things work out, how many more hatch, etc. We'll probably have chicks to share later on.
smile.png

I think I'm going to get some more eggs from gamebirdsonly though later this year, just to see if I can hatch out a few more. There were 3 eggs under my broody yesterday that hadn't hatched, I'm going to check on her again this afternoon.

ETA: How are your Tolbunts doing???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom