why cant i get all my chickens to lay eggs looking for that 19 egg day

blueseal

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
WALDOBORO MAINE
i have 19 layers. standard breeds 6 golden comets 8 months old . 3 gold-laced wyandottes 8 months old. 2 buff orps 8 months 1 delaware 8 months, and 7older birds rangeing 1 to 2 yrs old, 2 delaware. 3 buff orps. 2 red sex links. most eggs iv got in one day was 16 once. iv been getting 9-14 eggs a day on a regular basis. still cant get that 19 number. anyone have any ideas to why . i have 14 nestboxes in the 10x12 coop. they have access to grain and water 24/7 i have a light on a timer thats been comeing on at 3am since end of september.

Perhaps someday they will all syncronize and then you'd get 19.

That or buy ALL Black Sex Links. I have one that hasn't missed only 1 day since October 1st.

In good weather, I get the magic 4 of 4 a lot, but here lately it's been more like 3 of 4, and rarely 2 of 4. Me thinks it's the weather.

I really wish I knew if it was the SAME Leghorn missing so many days, or if they are rotating.
idunno.gif
The redstar is laying at least 5 eggs a week, usually better than that, and it's easy to tell which eggs she lays.

got 12 eggs yesterday 11 eggs today. i think my seven oldest layers are not laying they range 1 to 2yrs old havent noticed them in the nestbox. maybe there takeing a break.

Back
Top Bottom