Why can't I see through my goose egg shell?

The_Egg_Lady

Hatching
Aug 10, 2020
Hello I have tried candling my goose egg but I cannot see through its shell, I think the shell is too thick, I have never run into this problem. P.S. if you need pictures just tell me.

Hello I have tried candling my goose egg but I cannot see through its shell, I think the shell is too thick, I have never run into this problem. P.S. if you need pictures just tell me.
Welcome to BYC! What color is the egg? Pics would help, yes. Goose eggs are very thick, but you should be able to see through them still.

I'm currently incubating blue eggs and I use a strong torch behind the egg (I have the egg in a horizontal position) and use my cellphone torch on the fat end. That's the only way I can see what's going on, so perhaps try something similar. With my Muscovy eggs I also used two light sources, one behind and one on the air cell end, to get a decent view. But at some point they do get too full and dark to be able to see in much detail.

We looked it up on the internet because it started to smell like sewer water and it was rotten we even checked to make sure and it floated in the water sorry for wasting your time.
Oh, yuck. It's ok! You didn't waste my time. We're here to answer questions. I'm sorry about your goose egg.

Back
Top Bottom