Why can't I sleep through the night anymore?

I too get the brain that won't shut up. I think about all the things that I have to do, should do, etc. But its always worse at that 3:30 time of night. You know you should be sleeping, there are hours till morning and your brain keeps doing things like....If I go to the grocery store first thing I can make it to the post office by nine and be at the school by nine thirty, gotta remember to return those library books, and did I get a gift for the offfice staff, better add fudge making stuff to the grocery list and make that before I got to school, gotta get to the grocery by six if I want..............

I hate that!

I had to check out what Pipermark had to say, I thought he was gonna say hit yourself on the head with a stick!
lol.png

I have the oposite problem. I can not fall asleep. But once I finally fall asleep.... good luck getting me to move, let alone wake up. Last night I didn't get to sleep until 4:30 am and I made myself get up around 10 am. I am still actually trying to fully wake up almost two hours later...

I'm glad it's not just me that has trouble sleeping through the night. I don't have any trouble falling asleep, in fact, I'm out within five minutes after my head hits the pillow every night. I just don't stay asleep. Too much on the brain. Although I did try pipermark answer last night and it did help. Only woke up once.
woot.gif

Hormone fluctuations will do that, and, of course, stress of the season and just everyday life. I almost never get a whole night's sleep anymore. This week it's 4:00AM. Don't know, you might want to be careful about using hormone supplements; they can cause weird symptoms, I know from experience. I only tried one one time and that was enough.

When I was younger I could fall asleep anytime, anywhere, for however long I wanted. Once I hit my mid-forties that all changed. I am awake when the sun starts thinking of coming up...no matter what time I go to bed. The only thing that seems to help is taking a nap...I really love my naps!
big_smile.png
I have tried sleeping pills (ambien) and my husband said we have some very interesting conversations while I think I'm sleeping...
roll.png
Being retired at least when I feel I need a nap, I can usually take one, but I really wish I would sleep the sleep of the young again!

I sleep through the night, but I spend my dreams running around chasing down the stuff that worried me during the day. So I wake up feeling as if I've literally run around all night!

Last night I almost missed my plane to AZ, had to swim a river to get to the trolley that took me to the plane. I was almost to the plane when I realized I'd forgotten my suitcase at the house. And that I was with DD1 instead of DH. He was late to the plane because he'd packed the whole house. But he didn't have my suitcase. As the plane was about to leave I decided to take a later flight and jumped off. I was trying to figure out how to get to the airport wthout swimming through the river again when I woke up.

That's only 1 of many dreams I remember from last night.
I think I'd rather have laid there wide awake!

Back
Top Bottom