Why did my Broody hen not hatch any chicks?

Hi, welcome to BYC. Where do you live? Are you in this area of triple digit temps? Our hen’s eggs all quit, and I think it was because of the very hot weather. Temps over 100º for days.
I'm in SW Missouri as well, same temps over 100 for many days, as well as big strong wind storm Sunday taking out power for three days so the chickens didn't even have their fans on in the coop. Strangely enough, I had two days where I went from 19 to 24 eggs a day down to 16 and now back up to lower 20's for eggs with 26 hens. Very surprised they didn't slow way down with the heat. Maybe they still will.

Thanks everyone for trying to help me solve this mystery. Still not 100% sure what the reason is? I suppose until she hatches again I won’t know if it was a one off. She started to get a bit skinny cause she wouldn’t come out of the broodiness. So I Went off and bought 5 more 2 day old chicks.. thankfully, she has taken them so hopefully the skinny happy mammy can start getting back to herself 😊 Appreciate everyone’s help, will make note of all the suggestions for next year if she goes again 😊

Thanks everyone for trying to help me solve this mystery. Still not 100% sure what the reason is? I suppose until she hatches again I won’t know if it was a one off. She started to get a bit skinny cause she wouldn’t come out of the broodiness. So I Went off and bought 5 more 2 day old chicks.. thankfully, she has taken them so hopefully the skinny happy mammy can start getting back to herself 😊 Appreciate everyone’s help, will make note of all the suggestions for next year if she goes again 😊
It’s good your hen is happy still 😁 hope she hatches ok next year.
:ya :ya :ya :welcome :ya :ya :ya

Back
Top Bottom