Why Didn't You All Send Me the Memo?!?

Olive Hill

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
I thought some of you goose people would find this humorous.
cool.png

We added American Buffs to the farm this year with the intent to offer goose to our clients around the holidays. We only have 13 geese in the flock right now and intend, of course, to raise many more. Well my Mother stopped by the other day, as she does every so often, and as I stood in the front yard talking to her the geese waddled by. I could see the wheels in her head turning as she watched and then she turned to me and with a raised eyebrow asked "What are you going to do with all of them?"

"Well," I answered "in the spring we'll breed them, hatch the eggs, retain some for future breeders and raise up the rest of the offspring for butcher during the holiday season."

Seemed straight forward enough to me. She's never commented on the hundreds of chickens I raise, or the turkeys, or the hogs...

Apparently this was not an acceptable response for geese however, because this is what she told me: "Well, I just... you know, most people don't keep a lot of geese!"

:rofl:

If only I'd gotten the memo... first that people aren't supposed to keep "a lot" of geese and second that thirteen is "a lot". Why didn't you all tell me?!
tongue.png
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

I'm just hoping she doesn't stop by at all next year. I can just see her face now when a flock of 50-something waddles by.
th.gif
old.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

This post is hilarious!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

If only I'd gotten the memo... first that people aren't supposed to keep "a lot" of geese and second that thirteen is "a lot". Why didn't you all tell me?!

Apparently something went wrong in your upbringing. This is something every parent should teach their child - along with "don't steal" and "be nice to other people". Ask her why she kept that information from you all those years!

Buy her a goose for Christmas & tell her that's what EVERYBODIES getting!

Yeah, you should definitely do that!​

LOL!!!
bow.gif
this is funny thread... I figure enough geese and she won't stop by anymore... Tell her you are getting some Ostriches too!!! Just a few like a dozen or so.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
If only that worked on some of my relatives. "Quick they are headed this way, you lock the doors and turn out the lights, I will go release the geese"

Quote:
If only that worked on some of my relatives. "Quick they are headed this way, you lock the doors and turn out the lights, I will go release the geese"

lau.gif
gig.gif

Nah, she's not afraid of the geese. She is afraid of the horses though. If only I could let them free-range...
lau.gif
(Funniest part is, of the two, the geese are 1000 times more likely to attack her -- the horses are both older, been there, done that types.
roll.png
)

Tell her you are getting some Ostriches too!!! Just a few like a dozen or so.

I was just looking at the Ostrich, Emu and Rhea forum last night and decided I need a guard emu... but now that you mention it 20 guard emus might be MUCH more effective.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom