Why do I continue to watch Animal Cops, on Animal Planet? GRAPHIC!!!

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
I end up crying my eyes out every time, But still it I end up watching it every once in a while. I just noticed that they started a Animal Cops South Africa, it peaked my interest to see what kind of things they would run into in South Africa, so I watched, Definitely a BAD idea!!!! Some guy had his house burn down, and a couple of his pigs got burned in the fire, and he did nothing for them!!!! Their skin and hair were rolling off of them, and he did nothing until animal control intervened! How can people be so heartless, I know if I burn my finger on the oven, it hurts for days or even weeks, I can't imagine what those Piggies went through
hit.gif
! Gah! Stupid Irresponsible Animal Owners!
barnie.gif

Animal cops is okay, but i get really upset when they cull whole things of cats or whole things of chickens.

Cats excuse: feral----which im sorry if some stranger came in my house right now with a catch pole and noosed my cat they'd freak out too! My cats are sweethearts but being choaked is not going to be taken lightly by them OR my dogs. *and they say it's not painful...obviously they've never been choaked/hung by only the weight of their body around a noose....*

Chickens.... i know it'd be hard to, but some roos can be rehomed... I just hate how on some shows they kill them immediatly.

THey do a lot of good but things like that makes me mad at them, rather than just mad at the bad owners.

OH andi hate how hoarders dont get punished!!!!!!!
th.gif
It's excusable as an illness....okay.... sure...

I cry everytime I watch Animal Cops. My husband says I banned from watching it,but I still do.

I have to tell myself this everytime I watch the show:
I know most of the shows rehome the hens and chicks. I can understand that they cant risk rehoming fighting roosters,but its still sad.

hoardering is an illness and you cant get into trouble for an illness. The people think they are doing the right thing.....

older feral cats can be hard to tame and they often are sick.

Pitbulls are banned in some cities and they cant take the time to find a home outside of the limits.
Fighting pitbulls are hard to find homes for, and are often a danger.
Bait dogs can be found new homes since they arent mean. (Pitbulls are my favorite, so its hard to watch them get put to sleep)

Am I the only person who thinks the houses filled with a million cats are kind of funny?
hide.gif

I mean, cats are random, and when there are houses where cats are just swarming EVERYWHERE, coming out of the kitchen drawers, hiding in packs under mattresses, crawling through the walls, and just randomly launching themselves off everywhere, it makes me laugh in a sort of mesmerized, watching-a-train-wreck-and-can't-look-away sort of way.

I don't understand how people get themselves into situations like that...
hu.gif

Quote:
it is kinda funny, but i feel so bad for the kitties and other animals in that mess....that is why i dont pitty their "illnesses" I say this with fully having my grandma who was a hoarder...and neighbor.....and a few other people who were/are less than great...
sad.png

Fighting roosters can do well in a flock of hens, bujt most people wont risk adopting one. They dont want a rooster thats trained to kill other birds.

Hoarding is considered a mental illness. The people think they are doing whats best for the animals. They dont understand waht they are doing is wrong. It usually starts off with a few animals and then builds up until they lose control.
I've been into several hoarders house and its sad. The houses are messy, the people themseves are usually sick. They give up all they have for the animals. hoarders need help not punished.

The catch pole doesnt hurt them like you would think it does. It doesnt choke them, or hurt them. It just scares them,which is understandable.

Quote:
I know how. i knew a lady who was a hoarder. She was a old maid( you know a woman that was never married always under er parents control , dont yell at me pleaassee) she lived with them in a little village out in the country. Anyways her parent got old and died.So she was all alone and started taking in cats. She knew all of them, if one dissappeared she would walk around and look for them for weeks.But being by herself on an old farm with no one to help living on a small rent she was ovrwhelmed with all those cats. After a few years she too died. She left behind over 30 cats in good and bad shape, but the good thing was she left the house to the "Tierheim" which means " animal home" back then in germany an no kill shelter. She was just a lonely old confused/strange lady with no family or relatives that wanted comanionship.

Back
Top Bottom