Why do roosters crow?

My rooster crows all day, and if were getting home late, he’ll crow at midnight. Now we have 3 more rooster. The 2 older ones have joined in on the crowing. This combined with our rather loud geese makes me feel quite bad for the neighbors. We didn’t build the coop but it is far from out house, and only 50 ft from our neighbors. Ahh... as I write this my geese are honking.

It is superstition and I am not overly that way or I wouldn't still have roosters. But I do cover my head with my pillow if I happen to be awake around midnight. ;)

My rooster crows all day, and if were getting home late, he’ll crow at midnight. Now we have 3 more rooster. The 2 older ones have joined in on the crowing. This combined with our rather loud geese makes me feel quite bad for the neighbors. We didn’t build the coop but it is far from out house, and only 50 ft from our neighbors. Ahh... as I write this my geese are honking.
I like all the noise... it makes me feel not so alone on all this property when I’m here by myself during the day; and I like that I can be alerted when there is impending danger. All the ruckus gets my dogs attention too and they will run out into the pasture and chase the hawks away.

I like all the noise... it makes me feel not so alone on all this property when I’m here by myself during the day; and I like that I can be alerted when there is impending danger. All the ruckus gets my dogs attention too and they will run out into the pasture and chase the hawks away.
I don't mind it during the day unless he is standing right next to me. Then its like I've been blasted with a bull horn. Usually I pick him up right after and just pet him a bit. He's a sweet boy...he's just LOUD

Lol, I hear you. I can’t hear anything with my fan and earplugs. I do hear them occasionally when I use the bathroom at night.
My biggest issue is that our bedroom window faces south and our coop is on the south side of the property. If my fiancee leaves the window open at night its like my roo is in the bed with me crowing in my face. Of course it doesnt bother my fiancee at all...he could sleep through a house fire:th

My biggest issue is that our bedroom window faces south and our coop is on the south side of the property. If my fiancee leaves the window open at night its like my roo is in the bed with me crowing in my face. Of course it doesnt bother my fiancee at all...he could sleep through a house fire:th
🤣 My husband is the same way

so If he is in a secure coop at night, is there any way to increase the soundproofing on it to help you get more sleep? Added insulation? Planting large bushes/pine trees around it?
i find that even a little bit can significantly help- I can definitely notice the difference when the coop windows are open vs shut.

Back
Top Bottom