Why do you guys keep turkeys?

wings

Songster
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
Massachusetts
I was just curious. Sorry if it's a stupid question.
roll.png

I could wear out my keyboard on this one
smile.png
just in brief

They are friendly, escape artists, curious, trouble makers, loveable, hard headed, great pets, eat alot - poop alot, taste great, the toms gobble 24/7, will peck at your toes if you are barefoot, will try to roost on your back when you are bent over filling the feeders, will look you in the eye at the same time - hope they don't peck, they are better than TV to watch them run around and chase each other. That's pretty much the high points

and a pic is worth a thousand words....

Beltsvillepoults.jpg

"Everybody loves a turkey"

Steve in NC

Turkeys have personalities. Some chickens do, but I think my turkeys understand something about the people who feed them... something you may have in common with a dog. My turks know the sound of my truck and when they want out, will run to the gate of the pen when I drive down the road. They are easy to train as far as going back to the pen and are really quite stately.

They make great dinners. Very nutritious. They make excellent yard art. They are very comical. We like that we are helping the species from going extinct.Around here they make good protection from aerial predators. They also make great guard birds from strangers. Of course there is a million other reasons too, but that would touch on a few of the high points for us.

Back
Top Bottom