Why does Corrid have to be refreshed daily? Anyone know?

NandosMom

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2020
So does anyone know why Corrid must be refreshed daily. All I've heard is it has to be but can't find the reasoning behind that. Thanks.

The reasoning is that they will contaminate it, either by pooping in it or with their beaks that have been pecking around in the bedding, thus touching more contaminated poo. Their poo contains many coccidia oocysts, and the less that get into the water the better. Most water that is setting will also grow microbes, so the cleaner it can be the better.

The reasoning is that they will contaminate it, either by pooping in it or with their beaks that have been pecking around in the bedding, thus touching more contaminated poo. Their poo contains many coccidia oocysts, and the less that get into the water the better. Most water that is setting will also grow microbes, so the cleaner it can be the better.
I have a sealed bucket with nipple drinkers, that doesn't get contaminated.

I agree with Eggcessive, Corid requires daily changing & cleaning of drinkers due to the microbes that can grow in & around stagnant water when it's not changed. Plus, it helps to ensure that the medication will be more/most effective!

Back
Top Bottom