Why does my ducks wings stick out???

turkeycaller12

Hatching
6 Years
May 16, 2013
Fieldon, Illinois

I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me why my ducks wings stick out like this (The gray duck). They have been like that for awhile. She is about 2 months old. Also was wondering if anyone new what kind of duck she is? Thank you :)

Hum... there are 3 main wing disorders: Twisted wing (wing tip sticks out, split wing (gap between feathers and wing), and lazy wing (tip of the wing hangs down to the side of the body).

To me it looks like twisted wing, which can be caused by improper diet, not enough protein, vitamins and minerals. Also can be caused by feather eating, injuries, and genetic defects. It shouldn't affect the duck nor their egg laying. Sometimes this can be fixed by temporarily taping them into position for no longer then 11 days; otherwise, the wing gets stiff.
old.gif

Looks like angel wing.
It's a disorder when the wing bends because too much calcium or too much protein was given.
It's too late for your duck now.
If caught in the early stages you can rap around a a rope or tape of some sort to stop the wing from growing the wrong direction.
I am not sure if it was rope or tape. Just find anything that won't hurt the duck but can rap around it.

Back
Top Bottom