Why does my male quail do this?

teensie

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2022
My male button quail starts hopping around at about the same time each evening. The girls don't do it. What's he doing? Is he playing or trying to play?

They can still be happy and add hopps to mating dance I love how they Naruto run with the wings out for the mating thing when they do bother to do it

My Darth Luci has a weird habit of burying himself in pine up to his well fully to we're u can't see him but his beak can breath still and he will lay there like it's the best thing in the world he will still dust bath in his dust but will do use the bathing wiggle to burry himself like he's a damn predator setting a trap but will then lay there breathing that oh yeah this is so comfy giant breath they do

@Ravenlover I'll have to watch for that. Perhaps that's part of the 'crazy hop' he does each evening.

The funny thing is how the hens all look at him like he's NUTZ when he's hoping around like that and one of the hens runs away b/c he's freaking her out.

@Ravenlover I'll have to watch for that. Perhaps that's part of the 'crazy hop' he does each evening.

The funny thing is how the hens all look at him like he's NUTZ when he's hoping around like that and one of the hens runs away b/c he's freaking her out.
Are they still in a group ? But yeah I seen them do happy hopps and idk about the pine thing I swear he taught his wife to do it too

@Ravenlover Yes, the male has 3 girlfriends! :wee <-- that's the male doing his evening happy dance to impress his 3 women. He mates with 2 and doesn't do anything with the 3rd hen aside from preen her. They're all about 3 mths old.

@Ravenlover Yes, the male has 3 girlfriends! :wee <-- that's the male doing his evening happy dance to impress his 3 women. He mates with 2 and doesn't do anything with the 3rd hen aside from preen her. They're all about 3 mths old.
3 females and 1 male rarely works out best for buttons is normal there natural monogamous male to female or when they get along with no fighting the 2 female 1 male but hey if it works , sounds about right he's happy lol

Back
Top Bottom