Why don't my chicken eat fodder?

Well, do they like it now?
Mine are still not too interested. I have offered them a little bit every day for a week. Got to think about what I'm gonna do with the 100 lbs barley seeds?
I have continued to give them fodder and I noticed that they are more interested in the swollen unsprouted seeds. I have had some success when I cut the the green shoots up small but otherwise they just scatter the undesired shoots and roots everywhere. Maybe they would prefer the sprouts smaller? I am going to try giving them earlier and see if that makes a difference

I have continued to give them fodder and I noticed that they are more interested in the swollen unsprouted seeds. I have had some success when I cut the the green shoots up small but otherwise they just scatter the undesired shoots and roots everywhere. Maybe they would prefer the sprouts smaller? I am going to try giving them earlier and see if that makes a difference
Same here. I thought they would need/love the greens. But they had their own minds.

I was just writing a post about this exact thing! My girls hate it. It’s like a 4 yo stuffing Brussel sprouts in his pocket because he doesnt like them!

So funny. I only bought 10 pounds of red wheat so I am not in the same spot you are. Dont these birds know people pay a lot of money for this stuff to be pulverized into a morning smoothie!! :he

Same here! After a few times, they had more interest but they still don't polish it off like I thought they would. I sometimes give them the just sprouted seeds since they like those, too.

I'm sure there's someone near you who would buy your seed if you wanted to get rid of it.

I watched some youtube videos and learned to grow fodder for the first time. I was so excited to feed it to the chickens. I expected them to get really excited for the treats. But NOOOOOO. They pecked them and got the sprouts all over the place. Then that's it. They barely ate any.
Do I need to teach them to like fodder? DoI feed them other food (fermented chicken feed) too much so they are not hungry? Should I even bother to try again?
Also, they don't eat cabbage, apple, green pepper, brussels sprout. Do I just have picky chickens?
Any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks.
Mine rarely touch worms! You would think they would love them. The ducks go nuts after a good rain

Back
Top Bottom