Why dosent the UK get snow??????????

Would you live in the UK if you never got SNOW?

• Total voters
It's been butt-cold here in MA but not enough snow. Our biggest snow was around thanksgiving but not much since then :(
... and you got snow next Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Lucky!!!
giphy.gif

Some parts like northern states are known for snow. Anyway, I am sensitive to the cold and actually prefer Texas or Arizona where snow hardly ever occurs.

Snow is beautiful, and I love it ... the first time or two it falls in northern Iowa. If Mother Nature could restraint herself and just provide a couple of inches of white stuff, it would be great. What isn't great is when she throws a full-blown tantrum and dumps inch after inch after inch of snow. Sometimes, she offers a light, fluffy snow that can be easily shoveled. Too often, she sends heavy, wet snow that is back-breaking to remove.

I will admit that it's been an unusually light snow year, and I miss the sparkling drifts -- just a little bit. We've had less than an inch this week, while my sister in southern Iowa called to say they were expecting 11 inches, just 150 miles away. Mother Nature has quite the sense of humor.

Ive never been to the USA, is it hotter than the UK or the same?
the UK has mild weather in the winter compared to Canada and the states but i think it depends on the state as Florida is really warm like all year (some Canadians travel down to the southern states for the winter)

it was funny one year i went to Florida in the winter months and everyone down there was wearing light jackets it was hot (for winter) but it was nice weather when we came back to Canada i remember it was -40C that night lol.

Snow is beautiful, and I love it ... the first time or two it falls in northern Iowa. If Mother Nature could restraint herself and just provide a couple of inches of white stuff, it would be great. What isn't great is when she throws a full-blown tantrum and dumps inch after inch after inch of snow. Sometimes, she offers a light, fluffy snow that can be easily shoveled. Too often, she sends heavy, wet snow that is back-breaking to remove.

I will admit that it's been an unusually light snow year, and I miss the sparkling drifts -- just a little bit. We've had less than an inch this week, while my sister in southern Iowa called to say they were expecting 11 inches, just 150 miles away. Mother Nature has quite the sense of humor.
giphy.gif

the UK has mild weather in the winter compared to Canada and the states but i think it depends on the state as Florida is really warm like all year (some Canadians travel down to the southern states for the winter)

it was funny one year i went to Florida in the winter months and everyone down there was wearing light jackets it was hot (for winter) but it was nice weather when we came back to Canada i remember it was -40C that night lol.
Thats weird
giphy.gif

PS Dont even ask me about that gif???

Back
Top Bottom