Why increase in oyster shell consumption?

Boss should only be an occasional treat . The phosphorous /calcium ratio is important and if the phosphorous levels are too high the body will steal calcium from the bones , beak etc in order to absorb the excess.

http://hoeggerfarmyard.com/calcium-the-key-to-beautiful-eggs-and-healthy-hens/
I understand that BOSS is a treat, I never said it wasn't. In fact I was proving that in my post that you quote.

Yes the Calcium/Phosphorus ratio is important in all animals BUT the rest of your statement is somewhat incorrect.
When Phosphorus levels are high not only will a chickens steal calcium from bones but also every other source that contains Calcium too including nerves, muscles and other organs. Now if the Phosphorus is overly high they must get rid of it through her kidneys.

Now on a Laying Hen will store Calcium in her leg bones, there she extracts the Calcium each time she lays a egg.

Also not only is BOSS high in Phosphorous but so is Flax Seed.

I understand that BOSS is a treat, I never said it wasn't. In fact I was proving that in my post that you quote.

[COLOR=000000]Yes the Calcium/Phosphorus ratio is important in all animals BUT the rest of your statement is somewhat incorrect.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]When Phosphorus levels are high not only will a chickens steal calcium from bones but also every other source that contains Calcium too including nerves, muscles and other organs. Now if the Phosphorus is overly high they must get rid of it through her kidneys.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Now on a Laying Hen will store Calcium in her leg bones, there she extracts the Calcium each time she lays a egg. [/COLOR]

Also not only is BOSS high in Phosphorous but so is Flax Seed.

Whoa nelly. I was actually agreeing with you and although you say that the rest of my post is somewhat incorrect , you are free to add to it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but there is no need to tear people down.

Whoa nelly. I was actually agreeing with you and although you say that the rest of my post is somewhat incorrect , you are free to add to it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but there is no need to tear people down.
Ok it didn't really look like it but thats ok and I wasn't trying to tear anyone down.
I will be happy to repost it.

Quote:

Someone said something about Vent Gleet,

Vent Gleet is caused by a fungus. When you have one with it, be sure to check the rest of the flock as it is usually spread.
You could try this and see if it works, Cut all the feathers around the vent. Clean with Peroxide. Spray with Tinactin. Repeat every other day until it cleans up. Usually three treatments will take care of it.

Hi, I just wanted to know if clotrimazole cream would work instead of the Tinactin. I have one chicken that has vent gleet, so I'd like to try your method.

Ok, thanks. I wanted to make sure they weren't allergic to it or anything like that. I really hope this method works, the chicken in question has had it for almost a full year.

Hi, I just wanted to know if clotrimazole cream would work instead of the Tinactin. I have one chicken that has vent gleet, so I'd like to try your method.

I don't know about clotimazole cream but I do know that miconazole cream works good. Put it on for about 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom