why is he doing this??

kelzey

Songster
Aug 14, 2020
newfoundland and labrador, canada
the last couple days, my roo has been absolutely obsessed with the nest box. the first thing he does when i let him in with the girls (they are still separate because the girls are still getting used to him) is run right towards the boxes and kicks around all the bedding, and today i caught him just laying there and making these noises. sometimes he does this for ages, ferking around the straw and clucking like a madman. i’ve also seen him doing it in this one place outside the run that he likes, and in his little coop. any specific reason that he’s doing this? sorry about the quality. i don’t know how to fix it.
https://youtube.com/shorts/YmtAaKdi1cY?feature=share

He is trying to show his hens that they have a safe place to nest and brood chicks, my rooster does it all the time.
oh neat! i had no idea that they do this. i’m still trying to get him integrated into the flock, the girls don’t seem to like him all that much. but he clearly likes them haha

oh neat! i had no idea that they do this. i’m still trying to get him integrated into the flock, the girls don’t seem to like him all that much. but he clearly likes them haha
How old is he? His old are the girls?
He's a good boy trying to win them over. He will eventually.

Back
Top Bottom