Why is it ...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by crtrlovr, Feb 5, 2009.

1. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

that although I've sent my Barred Rock roo Brewster to what sounds like a WONDERFUL new home as part of a BR breeding program, where he'll have his own group of special ladies, a run just for them, yummy treats, a nice warm safe secure place to sleep, and a chicken-mommy who will take very good care of him, and no more fights with Sarge, that my heart still aches? .... I am very happy for him, really and truly, and I know he will be happier not having to challenge Sarge for alpha roo spot, and the very nice lady Sandi kept telling him how pretty he was, and about his pretty ladies. ... excuse me. I have to go now. my eyes seem to be leaking...

2. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    Cause all mommas miss their babies when they grow up and leave the nest. He'll always be one of your chicks.

Hugs and total understanding,
    Sarah

3. crtrlovr

thanks for understanding. [​IMG] He'll always be momma's Big Brewster Boy [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Aww, I know exactly how you feel. Because we love these little creatures and it hurts to see them go. [​IMG]

5. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    [​IMG] yep because we are mamas and daddy's

6. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    [​IMG] You gave him a great start in life. Now he will pass on his wonderful upbriging and manners to his new wives and chicks. What better gift could you give? Hopefully it was an "open adoption" and you can get updates and perhaps visit him from time to time.[​IMG]

7. crtrlovr

yes, she is a fellow BYCer and seems like such a sweet lady! I'll be sure to ask for periodic updates and may even go see him if I'm down that direction. [​IMG] Thanks so much for all the understanding; I knew this was the one place I could go where people would be able to know what I was feeling, and not just roll their eyes at me & my foolishness...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by