Why is my chicken making this sound

There are 6
It’s more squawking than crowing, but it’s very loud. I don't know if the mic was able to pick up on all of it.
That setup is WAY too small for 6 birds. You need to work to expand it. I would try to give them an additional 80-100 sq foot run, preferably with a solid roof on it.
They are going to be bored out of their minds in that tiny setup and will have behavioral issues. It must also be very hard to keep it clean.

That setup is WAY too small for 6 birds. You need to work to expand it. I would try to give them an additional 80-100 sq foot run, preferably with a solid roof on it.
They are going to be bored out of their minds in that tiny setup and will have behavioral issues. It must also be very hard to keep it clean.
I let them out everyday in my backyard, and they go everywhere. The enclosure is mostly for sleeping and keeping them safe from predators before I let them out. I add more dirt to the ground every 3 months.
What do you mean by keeping it clean?

Just that. With so many birds in such a small space, it would be hard to cold compost the poop that would build up.
What will you do this winter when the snow flies and they can't get out of that small run? Winter can be long and being confined to such a small space will be an issue.
Shovel up the snow ig.
I can’t really expand the coop atm since I have school, and my dads busy working.
B0FB4564-A026-49C7-BED7-1216DD7AED17.jpeg

I had thought it was enough space for them. How come some chickens require less space than others? This house I saw in my neighborhood had a smaller coop with four chickens.

3DB9FBA7-FD6E-421C-AED4-AEF7D51FC284.jpeg

i let them out everyday with access to food and water everyday i think for now they are fine
Ill have to think of something for when the snow comes but due to the change in temperature they’d probably stay in the acc coop more

Sounds like chicken complaining to me. Mine do that if I visit them without treats. My hens are loud. All day. Egg songs, chatter etc. Like hey where’s the stuff?! One of mine tries to peck my feet occasionally depending on what I’m wearing. Sometimes she thinks there’s bugs on me. Do you handle them a lot?
One of my hens peck at my feet too!
I am only able to carry or touch the buff orpingtons. The other breeds run away if my hand goes near them, but all of them follow me when I walk around.

Back
Top Bottom