Why is my chicken making this sound

That setup is WAY too small for 6 birds. You need to work to expand it. I would try to give them an additional 80-100 sq foot run, preferably with a solid roof on it.
They are going to be bored out of their minds in that tiny setup and will have behavioral issues. It must also be very hard to keep it clean.
x2! My six have more than 4 ft per bird in the coop, and they still occasionally squabble. Those birds don't look full grown. When they are, that's gonna be super cramped.

3DB9FBA7-FD6E-421C-AED4-AEF7D51FC284.jpeg

i let them out everyday with access to food and water everyday i think for now they are fine
Ill have to think of something for when the snow comes but due to the change in temperature they’d probably stay in the acc coop more

Sounds like chicken complaining to me. Mine do that if I visit them without treats. My hens are loud. All day. Egg songs, chatter etc. Like hey where’s the stuff?! One of mine tries to peck my feet occasionally depending on what I’m wearing. Sometimes she thinks there’s bugs on me. Do you handle them a lot?

Sounds like chicken complaining to me. Mine do that if I visit them without treats. My hens are loud. All day. Egg songs, chatter etc. Like hey where’s the stuff?! One of mine tries to peck my feet occasionally depending on what I’m wearing. Sometimes she thinks there’s bugs on me. Do you handle them a lot?
One of my hens peck at my feet too!
I am only able to carry or touch the buff orpingtons. The other breeds run away if my hand goes near them, but all of them follow me when I walk around.

One of my hens peck at my feet too!
I am only able to carry or touch the buff orpingtons. The other breeds run away if my hand goes near them, but all of them follow me when I walk around.
One thing you could try is crouching down and feeding the other breeds from your hand. When they trust you you can start picking them up from the crouched position. Sometimes they feel threatened if you try and pick them up from standing. I had to do that with my speckled Sussex. After a while I was able to hold her by holding her wings gently but firmly and then press her wing against my belly. As long as her wings were by her side she stayed calm. She began to enjoy it. If they get out of line and try to peck you “peck” them with your finger to let them know you’re the lead hen. Ha Anyway, I’m suggesting all of this because it’s important to be able to handle your chickens to check them for pests and diseases.

One thing you could try is crouching down and feeding the other breeds from your hand. When they trust you you can start picking them up from the crouched position. Sometimes they feel threatened if you try and pick them up from standing. I had to do that with my speckled Sussex. After a while I was able to hold her by holding her wings gently but firmly and then press her wing against my belly. As long as her wings were by her side she stayed calm. She began to enjoy it. If they get out of line and try to peck you “peck” them with your finger to let them know you’re the lead hen. Ha Anyway, I’m suggesting all of this because it’s important to be able to handle your chickens to check them for pests and diseases.
i will try that thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom