1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why is my chicken not laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by theverhalenhobbyfarm, Jan 19, 2010.

1. theverhalenhobbyfarm

theverhalenhobbyfarm New Egg

Oct 7, 2009
    We have 2 EE hens we got a month ago. The first day we had them we got 2 blue eggs from them. It's been about a month now and we haven't gotten any more eggs. I think they had plenty of time to adjust to their new surroundings and change of feed. We wanted to breed these 2 EE's with our EE rooster, but with no eggs we have a problem. Any advice on this situation would be appreciated.

2. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Usually hens slow down in egg production over the winter, if they lay at all. Also, keep in mind that hens like to find their *own* nest a lot, if they free range.

3. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    I have one girl who hasn't laid in a couple weeks. She is healthy, eating and pooping fine. I just figure it's time for her winter rest. As long as your girl is eating and behaving normally, I'm sure she is fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by