Why is my EE hen so mean and neurotic?

CHIC

Songster
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
Roanoke
I have two EE hens. One fits the category perfectly- sweet, tame, relaxed. But the other, she is crazy and neurotic is very aggresive with the other hens. Any suggestions? She doesn't even look like an EE at all- but she does lay blue eggs, that is why I don't wanna get rid of her.

Have you tried feeding her hemp seeds?
hide.gif

I got both my EE's at 1 1/2 years old and boy, one of them (the smaller actually) was just a b word. The other was ginormous and a big sweet heart, and both raised by the same family. I was super ready to give away the meanie as she didnt want anyone to roost anyware:eek: and was just awful even out and about the yard. Then, i have no idea what switched her around, but she is now one of my favorits. Not very loveable or affectionate, but a soft nature to herand i think she's beautiful. (really just the plainer looking chicken, but i just love looking at her and her GIANT sister) Odd, and this happened over the first two weeks i got them. Dont know how long you've had yours, but if not long, give it some time, ya may luck out like me
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom