Why is my EE hen so mean and neurotic?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CHIC, Oct 17, 2009.

1. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    I have two EE hens. One fits the category perfectly- sweet, tame, relaxed. But the other, she is crazy and neurotic is very aggresive with the other hens. Any suggestions? She doesn't even look like an EE at all- but she does lay blue eggs, that is why I don't wanna get rid of her.

2. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you tried feeding her hemp seeds? [​IMG]

3. henryetta

henryetta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    san diego, cali
    I got both my EE's at 1 1/2 years old and boy, one of them (the smaller actually) was just a b word. The other was ginormous and a big sweet heart, and both raised by the same family. I was super ready to give away the meanie as she didnt want anyone to roost anyware:eek: and was just awful even out and about the yard. Then, i have no idea what switched her around, but she is now one of my favorits. Not very loveable or affectionate, but a soft nature to herand i think she's beautiful. (really just the plainer looking chicken, but i just love looking at her and her GIANT sister) Odd, and this happened over the first two weeks i got them. Dont know how long you've had yours, but if not long, give it some time, ya may luck out like me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by