why is my Goose showing Aggression?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by BarredRockGirls, Oct 4, 2013.

1. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Songster

I agree, but it´s difficult on behaviour only, because when you get two of the same sex, they can behave like a pair...I feel at least one is a male, but then I have a goose that didn´t manage to hatch out her own eggs, but she´s behaving like a gander after having "paired" with her sister to look after her sister´s young! Extremely protective against all other birds.

2. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Songster

Yes, makes sense

3. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Songster

Makes sense too....I think you may have scored 2 again, serv!! [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Really 2 ganders? maybe why they are so protective of the 3 Pekin ducks??

5. servpolice

servpolice Songster

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    I never knew that they protected the pekins that makes me feel its a pair or two ganders for sure

6. Miss Lydia

I was thinking some where she posted this maybe not I'll have to go check [​IMG] memory is not as good as it use to be. [​IMG]

7. servpolice

servpolice Songster

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    I change my mind to two ganders since i looked at the pics for ages

8. Miss Lydia

Here is what I read serv, don't know if it means anything. Actually here Missy does more of the leading with Sam following most of the time

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  9. servpolice

servpolice Songster

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Ahhh ok but every goose breed when young panic if their buds are gone and lady and lucy are both dudes by the looks of it ;)

10. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Songster

Usually it´s my females who lead, but not always. Right now it´s the gtoslings who lead. The males generally bring up the rear.
    You´ll soon find out..if a pair, they´ll mate and produce fertile eggs. If it´s 2 females, they´ll try to mate and produce infertile eggs. If it´s 2 males, they will try to mate and then fight. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: