Why is my hen ill please helpšŸ„ŗ

She will get better just give her a small but of protein(A.k.a. oyster shell) but not too much or it could injure her stomach just sprinkle some around her she might eat and give her a small water bowl
This is misinformation; no doubt well-intentioned, but wrong.
Do not give her oyster shell - she will only need that when she's laying. (And it is not a recognized source of protein.)

I think her colour is very peculiar. What does her poo look like? What is she eating?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849 KB · Views: 3
she won't get better if she doesn't eat enough. Have you tried some scrambled egg? Apple and mash and milk are all good, but soft cooked egg would be a great addition. And/or some tinned sardine smashed up. They're both great sources of protein, vitamins and minerals that she needs.

Last edited:
How old is she? Does she lay eggs? She is very pale, which could be due to not laying, being sick, but I would look her over for any lice or mites. Mites can cause anemia. I would get some Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell and give her 2 ml orally each day for the next few days. Mix some wet chicken feed and water, and add a little cooked egg and plain yogurt. Offer frequently up to her beak along with water. Feel of her crop especially early in the morning before she eats or drinks to see if her crop is empty. It should feel up during the day, and empty over night.

hey guysā€¦
she has passed awayā€¦
you Guys tried your best so you deserve to know what really happenedā€¦ I woke up at 4:40 and heard some rustling. I quickly ran over to her bed and I knew she was going. I gave here a hug and checked her heart beat. Nothing. She was gone. I cried for hours
but mum said there was nothing we could do. Mum said she died in her sleep, thatā€™s the best way to die she said. I just want to say thank you. All of you, for trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom