Why is my salmon Faverolle buff colored?

Happychickenfarm

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2020
I’m fairly new here, I follow and research but this is my first post. I have a flock of salmon Faverolle chicks. One of them isn’t the same color as the rest of them. Could it be just some genetic fluke? And is she still breedable? I’m not new to chickens but very new to this particular breed.
A874689D-498E-49CA-9A89-BB583EFFD716.jpeg

I’m fairly new here, I follow and research but this is my first post. I have a flock of salmon Faverolle chicks. One of them isn’t the same color as the rest of them. Could it be just some genetic fluke? And is she still breedable? I’m not new to chickens but very new to this particular breed. View attachment 2079783
I’m not positive about this, but I thought the color of the circled chick is actually the preferred coloring of the salmons... are these hatchery stock?

Salmon covers a whooole lot of ground lol!
That light color does seem to bring some extra personality and seems to assert itself thoroughly in a hatch View attachment 2079871View attachment 2079876
She isn't a freak and totally breed able.
Cute kids, and really fun to keep.
Ok. Thank you. I was worried. You pay good money for good chickens and last thing you want is a bad batch.

Honestly all those in your photo should feather out beautifully.
I have one of the darker ones too, she's lovely even though she is hatchery stock.
These are her daughters, the male was hatched with the first one in the photos.
Not too shabby, right? ;)
20190917_171846 (1).jpg

Ok. Thank you. I was worried. You pay good money for good chickens and last thing you want is a bad batch.

Back
Top Bottom