Why is my white leghorn chicken not laying?

I think male. These look like male saddles. Pictures from the side including saddle area would be helpful.

1614188345533.png

We'd need to see the saddle area for a gender ID. Not all pullet/hen's combs flop over.

That is no longer a white bird. I see a mixed color pattern LH.

@The Moonshiner what do you see here?
I'll post another pic
Can you get a pic from the side? From the front, I'd say that's a cockerel. He looks like a blue something, but he doesn't look like a full leghorn... I believe they should have bright yellow legs, no matter the color of the feathers.
Mine has yellow legs its just covered in dirty in these pics
The chicken in this thread is one of those white ones in your other thread? Wow! That is one really dirty chicken!
Yea its very dirty I would wash her or something but its still a bit cold now that's why I haven't done it yet
My white leghorns tend to be my dirtiest birds so I can believe that it is just covered in filth. I’m always amazed at how not white mine become when they dust bathe.

With that being said, I would be suspicious of it being a cockerel...
Dirt is more visible on them because they're white
This thread is a mess at this point.
First off this bird is in Iraq? I have no idea how leghorns there compare to ours.
The age is an estimate so that may or may not make a difference depending on which way and how much it may be off.
The color. Jesus that does not look like a dirty white LH. I've seen my share of those.
It looks blue with a pattern leaking underneath. If it is then I'd have no concern with the dark on the legs (or is that dirt also) black leghorns more often then not have a black wash. APA even accepts it.
The comb flop doesn't matter. Its correct for females to flop and males not to but I've plenty of females that didn't flop and some males that have. Especially on non white colors.
I could see the sex going either way because it's a overseas bird and of a estimated age.
To me it reminds me of a cockerel over all. It has the look of one to me. And that would be a large comb for a non laying female.
Just my opinion. I wouldn't be stunned if I was wrong.
Interesting bird.
Almost everything you said is right except for the color she/he is definitely a white LH.
I vote for non-white Leghorn (some sort of blue-ish) ....male...just before full sexual maturity.

LofMc
It's a white a leghorn the chicken in this pic that i will post now is the same chicken from 2 months ago

Back
Top Bottom