Why is there a brown spot on my boiled eggs

Lidy

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2023
Quick question…. Why is there a brown ring and spot when I boiled my duck eggs? There are none in the chicken eggs I boiled with them.

Is it safe to eat… pics attached and I cracked one open. And I split it. No odor except for that infamous boiled egg odor.

Why do they turn brown… oh and they are at the bottoms not the tips

Attachments

• IMG_4180.jpeg
    IMG_4180.jpeg
    569.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4181.jpeg
    IMG_4181.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4182.jpeg
    IMG_4182.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 15
So check this out… they are like onions…
It’s so odd. I’m almost afraid to eat it… I don’t understand it.

Attachments

• IMG_4183.jpeg
    IMG_4183.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 17
Could the brown ring just be.. the yolk? 😅 The ring and yolk are both at the bottom of the egg for you. I always store my eggs on their side, and look:
IMG_3175.jpeg

I have a brown spot (the yolk) on the side of all my eggs because of this.

Do you store your eggs pointy side down?

Also, my eggs will flake apart like an onion, too, and they’ve all been perfectly edible. I think your eggs are fine.

I ate them. They were good. Just different from what I am use to. I’ve never eaten duck eggs until this fall. Still learning egg differences. I always ate white store bought eggs and avoided fresh farm eggs until now.

Could the brown ring just be.. the yolk? 😅 The ring and yolk are both at the bottom of the egg for you. I always store my eggs on their side, and look:
View attachment 3760448
I have a brown spot (the yolk) on the side of all my eggs because of this.

Do you store your eggs pointy side down?

Also, my eggs will flake apart like an onion, too, and they’ve all been perfectly edible. I think your eggs are fine.
Thank you. It’s good to know. I’m new at this. I’m still learning…so at times I get nervous about what I see.

Back
Top Bottom