why lake neighbors suck ...

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
My neighbor to the right has 85ft on the water, the neighbor on the left have over 100ft and they put their second dock(other is in middle of property) where you see it. I have 10+ feet ...that my dock not in the water. We have lived here almost 9 years and I have known the people on the left, friends of my parents(well, until my parents gave us this land), for 22 yrs.

Next year we are going to see what our max allowable dock length is and I don't care if its 50ft...its gonna go past everyone else's....just for principle
old.gif

11313_imag0334.jpg

Last edited:
Man that would burn my chaps for sure. Are they right on the property line? I know when we had our cabin on the lake, the dock had to be as close as possible to the center of your frontage to give ample space to everyone. Is this not a boating lake, doesn't seem like they leave you much room for one if so, and I'm sure that could be fixed by the lake association. Maybe just sit out on your dock every day and evening feeding the ducks and geese and seagulls, and see how much crap can get collected on their docks... maybe they'll move them a bit.
big_smile.png

OMG, we had someone feed them on OUR dock for a few years....he was a crazy neighbor and I was so happy when he got evicted. He stood on his dock and threw feed on ours
hmm.png
. He never swam(why live on a lake
smack.gif
), long story there.

we are good neighbors, always help out etc... the property on the right is about 10 feet in ...the one on the left is on the line and tilts in front of us
hmm.png
. I talked to my dad and he thinks it is 100ft so I am going to talk to dh and see how far out he wants to go...we are going to make it a T at the end, boy will they be unhappy
lau.gif
. It's all overgrown because dh was in afghanistan last year and the one to the right (previous owner) had loads of parties and there is still glass in our area, so we don't swim there....yet.

I want to get a nice dock out there for the kids next year. My daughter is 16 and wants to have friends over to go swimming and I don't want her to bother her grandparents down the road (they are getting grumpy in their old age
hide.gif
).

oh, and yes, it is a boating lake. We have a jet ski but it is at my mothers house since we have no room to put the stand. There is no public boat access, only public access is for carry ons.

I would run the dock out further,and probably plant something *tall* to grow on either side. If docks are not permitted right on the line then I would report it,because as you say it floats over.

Then again that would probably result in a NFH situation,so maybe just doing your best to ignore them is a better long term solution.

Lol, I would want my own lake.Dh was looking at a new development going up around a lake in KY,but no way do I want to share.It would drive me nuts.

oh That sucks
sad.png
They a re all so close together, could you imagine a little team work and you's could all share a kick butt dock? Or is that tabu?

What about builid a doc on floaties further out? My mom just did that at her cottage, awesome it is!!! Love it

Back
Top Bottom