Why Me!! Usps Can't Find My Live Bird Box!!! UPDATE page 2

ourlittleflock

Songster
10 Years
May 28, 2009
North Carolina
OK I need to vent - I ordered 2x precious frizzle serama's from a member (won't release any name) and they where shipped yesterday via express mail at 3:30 from OHIO and they were to arrive today by 3:00 to NC and the USPS CAN'T FIND MY BOX - with my new little ones in it.. If they are sitting in a truck somewhere around here - they probably are DEAD!! it got 90 here today... WHERE did my box go from ohio's little p.o. to the larger shipping p.o.??

This is the first and last time I buy living birds if they arrive dead.. I don't care amount the money but I do care that if I purchased them and they are dead it is my fault - if I didn't want to expand my seramas they would be still happy and ALIVE in OH...

the member has been great - replying to all my emails until today when I sent 3 emails and I have received confirmation where they had read 2 but no returning emails - I want start getting frustrated just yet - i'll give them 24 hours to response. I do know they said they have been having alot of storms lately..

has this happen to anyone else.. thanks for listening - It just makes in mad they can't find my package!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing - if they happen to still be alive!! How long can they stand not to have feed or water at about 8 weeks old?

My only slight bit of hope is I have a broody cochin right now and her chance of sitting spot gets very hot during the day and she has been faithly holding out.. I know it has been close to 100 the last couple of days where she is sitting

I have to say it's nice to get the breeds you want but nicer to get live birds. The USPS is unpredictable and I don't know that it's wise to order in the beginning of summer. Perhaps in the late spring or early fall.
Check with craigs and see what you can find. If you can snag a Frizzle roo you can cross him with any breed hen you want and maybe get some pretty birds.

The USPS twice lost boxes of chicks until they were dead. I won't mail order birds ever again if I can help it. I'm getting an incubator. Broken eggs is far less heart breaking than dead babies.

If ups lost the birds they are responsable to reinverse you. I know that its not what you want to here and I am so sorry about your babies I pray htey show up alive for you.
hugs:fl

I had a pair of birds shipped from Maryland to Oregon. It took 2 days to get here, as they routed through AZ for some reason. They were tired and thirsty, but otherwise fine. Do you have the tracking number?

I do have a tracking number - check it hourly!!!!

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

When I got my roo from Sunshine Silkies it took 2 days to get from Florida to Oklahoma. I would make sure I had some Vit/Electrolyte powder to put in their water when they arrive.

I hope there still alive! That stinks that UPS can't find the box I wish that they'd keep track of things better! But remember its not whoever you ordered it from fault its UPS's, it's not yours either I see your frustrated think about it there is nothing you can do but stay in touch with UPS and whoever sold you the chickens so all you can do is stay calm. Hope everything goes good! And if you get them alive have everything set up for them and make sure they find there food and water!

Best of wishes,
Chickenpeople

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom