Why not post listings by state?

Quote:
Excellent point silkiechicken! Most folks do ship to all states, so it would make it more difficult to find something you're looking for it you have to search 50 states to find it.

Jody

I agree....leave it the way it is. If people would put their state in the subject line tho it sure would be nice. I think 50+ pages to search through would evolve into a mess.

I don't think having areas would be a good idea. Areas are generally still to far to drive to pick up, and if you're shipping, it doesnt matter where anyone is. Ive had just as good of luck from hatching eggs from the west coast to me as the next state over.

Admin could make an option of 'post in all categories'

Quote:
Yes, that would be the best. I just ment now, that we do not have a system like that, I wish that people would remember to put there state in the title in a clear way. I put mine in bold type, that seems to be the easiest way to spot it.

Quote:
That sounds great in theory, but you know everyone will post in all catagories for maximum exposure and then you have 50 forums all a "hopeless muddle" as you say.

I look at it this way, if the subject is not clear ("Look! Chickens for Sale") and doesn't have the location, that ad will be skipped a lot more than "OR- Barred Rock Pullets- Pick up only"

If you were in Oregon, looking for barred rock hens, you would likely skip the first ad.

The person posting is the one losing.

Quote:
I can't see how this would promote clarity at all. It seems like a ton of work for negligible pay off. I'd rather them work on a better way to allow me to get to post 431 of an 800 post thread. Now that's irritating.

Last edited:
Quote:
That sounds great in theory, but you know everyone will post in all catagories for maximum exposure and then you have 50 forums all a "hopeless muddle" as you say.

I look at it this way, if the subject is not clear ("Look! Chickens for Sale") and doesn't have the location, that ad will be skipped a lot more than "OR- Barred Rock Pullets- Pick up only"

If you were in Oregon, looking for barred rock hens, you would likely skip the first ad.

The person posting is the one losing.

Agree, search incubator on ebay. You will fine hatching eggs, leg bands, and etc. Lucky if half are incubators. Seller just do it to get in more catagories. Drives me nuts!

Quote:

Begin a new habit, do as Miss Prissy mentioned. Eventually it will look good.
I enjoy reading everyones info and we all can pick up some great views.

Hi,
I agree on the muddle thing. Even tho the rules state, LOL( no pun there)
lol.png

to make sure you put the location in title. (doesn't always happen.)

Couldn't we do like the where are you section? post with the titles being the states? :
Indiana:
Ohio:
Florida:
Texas:

etc,
Just a thought.

Posting in all states should only be the privilege of those who ship chicks. Eggs could be another category.
Shipping is illegal without NPIP status and 9-3's, (for chicks and eggs, unless shipping strictly in-state) so if exporting shippers were required to be verified by admin or NPIP # before they could select 'all categories/states', there would probably be a huge reduction in illegal shipping and unorganized posting.

Back
Top Bottom