Why oh why must my dog be disgusting!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Mycookoonest, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Well I have announced Bella has a poop eating problem... but tonight she takes the cake!

She officially is disgusting! We had the Honeywagon here, and he dribbled a little on the driveway. Before Dh could wash it off... guess who rolled in it!

Why oh why must she be disgusting????? Now is she going to start rolling in it in the yard?

2. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    LOL, the nature of the dog..lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] If that is the only thing she rolls in you are doing very well.. Dogs will roll in anything disgusting to try and cover their own sent. Dead worms are the worst!!! It is kinda hid until you let them snuggle on your lap and then the smell hits you!![​IMG] also anything that has been dead awhile is also fair game for a good roll. My dogs usually dont roll in the poo, just eat it... I guess they feel it is kinda like garlic, you eat it and your body just sorta smells like it after a while. A good spray with the hose should take care of the problem. Good luck, Jenn

3. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    sounds like a perfectly normal dog to me.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

YUK! I know my dogs are the same way! My problem is...I have 3 Pomeranians....long, thick hair...ever try to get the " honey wagon" smell out of them?? We went straight for the clippers...LOL I say...." Bad dog, no biscuit" LOL

5. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i have a dog rolls in geese poo

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

"why oh why must my dog be disgusting!" because it's a dog. 'nuff said. [​IMG]

7. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Well, all the barn dogs eat the horse and cow poo, but there favorite is the hoof stuffings![​IMG]

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I used to have miniature schnauzer that would wait by the horses. When one would pee, he would run and get under the stream. Now that was disgusting and a hard habit to break!

9. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    My lab/bc cross, Freddie, loves to roll in fresh deer poop. That is the most awful smelling stuff. When we brought the bulls home, he decided to roll in that poop too. This is some knowledge that I could have lived with out. Bull poop smells a heck of a lot better than deer poop.

What is worse...when my cat Arlo binges/purges he cleans it up for me. Once Freddie had puke on his head because he pushed the cat out of the way before Arlo was done.

I just dont get it.

10. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    My lab/bc cross love to really grind the chicken and duck poo in between her shoulders. When she was little she used to sleep in the watermelon patch so she always smelt really good. Then 1 day i went to hug her and UG! Her hair was almost gelled in place. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by