Sponsored Post Why should you care about worms in your birds? What can you do about them?

i told them what you said. this is what they said- Zyfend A is unique in that it doesn't kill parasites; rather, it helps to break down their defenses so that the chicken's own, natural defenses can effectively kill the parasites. Once compromised by Zyfend A, the chicken's immune system, stomach acids, and "good" gut bacteria will all work in concert to clear out intestinal parasites. i want to get something that is going to be healthy for them. not a chemical based formula. it has essential oils in it, which we a bunch of them at home
That's fine. Buy it, or maybe splurge and get their health pack, which is probably less expensive at Jeffers, but you should also find a vet to do routine fecals for you.

That's fine. Buy it, or maybe splurge and get their health pack, which is probably less expensive at Jeffers, but you should also find a vet to do routine fecals for you.
thanks so much for your help! i probably will splurge cause i love my babies and there spoiled!:) i'll check out the link

thanks so much for your help! i probably will splurge cause i love my babies and there spoiled!:) i'll check out the link
Please also figure out how to get routine fecals done. Do you have a Tractor Supply near you? If so, chek to see if they do vaccination clinics, because those clinics usually offer low cost fecals.

we don't have any of those around. do you have to have a fecal test?
i think i am going to get that pack at jeffers
If you want to know whether or not you flock has worms you really do need to do routine fecals. Surely you must have some dog/cat vets or some large animal vets in your area?

If you want to know whether or not you flock has worms you really do need to do routine fecals. Surely you must have some dog/cat vets or some large animal vets in your area?
yah we do. i think i will send some poop to a vet that's close to us. it's ok though to give them that 3pack stuff at jeffers if they don't have worms?

have you used safeguard wormer for chickens? it's on jeffers pets. we use it for our horses. every year we do different wormers so that the worms don't get immune to the wormers.
I use liquid Safeguard, but some chicken worms require high dose for five days. Sort of like if you want to treat encysted strongyles in horses with Safeguard, they require a five-day double dose.
http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/Documents/recommended-equine-deworming-schedule.pdf

• Roundworms - Easy to treat (Wazine, Safeguard, Valbazen, Pyrantel Pamoate)
  • Cecal worms - Easy to treat (Safeguard, Valbazen)
  • Gapeworms - need 3-5 days with Valbazen or Safeguard. Dose depends on which one you use. (Safeguard, Valbazen)
  • Capillary worms - Hard to treat. Large Safeguard dose for five days is needed. (Safeguard, Valbazen)
  • Tapeworms - Praziquantel

Back
Top Bottom