Why We Are Being Forced to Take More Drastic Actio, With Pests and Predators

First time I've seen a Raccoon attack someone.
I know that Coyote attacks are becoming more prevalent over the years.
We've got both foxes, coyotes, & raccoons, none of which have been much of a problem around here so far.

A hawk tried to get one of my chickens yesterday, it got scared off by the Guineas screaming.

What's this have to do with chickens?
Chickens attract raccoons and foxes. There are other threads in this forum about the pros and cons of killing these animals versus putting up fences and other deterents to keep these animals from harming chickens. Stopping foxes and raccoons from killing your flock does not stop them from attacking you, your family and pets. This has to do with chickens because if you have chickens around here, you will have predators coming into close proximity more often than people that don’t have chickens (or other animals for that matter.). They will come to where the food source is.

So, I was hoping to at least bring attention to what you may be dealing with If you have chickens.

Hard to say. My daughter had one make a run at her one afternoon. She got in the house. I kill the raccoon. Ga DNR had it tested and it had rabies. My daughter was 13 at the time and did not approach the raccoon.
Oh i totally get it, I am just always on the 2 sides to every story train lol.

Would I have gone back in and grabbed a shot gun, bet your booty....

But I also take aim at them for walking by my chicken run...they don't even have to look interested in anything, that's enough for me...

Back
Top Bottom