Why???

carmeninthecountry

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
I have been hatching eggs for a LONG time and this year they are not hatching, not even developing!!

Why are my eggs not developing or dying before they hatch? what causes that?

I have not hatched but one chicken and it died a few days later because his legs were messed up...

Please someone help I candle I am doing everything I have always done and have not hatched why it is so frustrating I am about to give up

Did you sanitize it well after the last hatch? Sometimes bacteria can hang around in the incubator and cause problems. I would sanitize it really well before your next hatch.

about the temps? are they acure? try with few thermometers that could be a couse like in my situation i only had one thermometer in the bator and it was off by 10 degreds lower it sucked cus i really wanted those chiks to make it. not im having the right temps and im goin on lockdown these coming thursday yes!!!!

hugs.gif
So sorry. I've had problems with my 'bator this year to.

Thermometer is right I have used 3 or 4 different kinds..and they are all right just about

the weather is horrible it will be hot one day and cold the next rain one day sunny then rain again...

I am doing everything I always do and this is making me mad and I have cried over this... yes I know that is horrible! but it bothers me ...

I have a sponge in with them ... i have the bator in a non drafty place and everything is just like it has always been

please help me

Quote:
yep they are mine... duck and chicken..and a friend of mine gives me some chicken and button quail but the majority are mine...

Quote:
it really sucks I had high hopes this year to get my flock back up... but looks like that is not going to happen... I hate this ....

Back
Top Bottom