1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thekid, Jul 1, 2011.

1. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Why do I have to go on vacation? It costs x amount of dollars for plane tickets.... For four people!! Then we have get our dogs into a kennel witch costs x amount of dollars [​IMG] And then the stuff we buy on vacation costs x amount of dollars! And then I have to wait till we get back so I can get some birds [​IMG] And when you add that all up thats a lot of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Anybody want some tickets? lol

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Who wants to go and Why?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's why we have never gone on vacation. If I'm going to spend in excess of $1000, I want something tangible to show for it.

ETA: plus, we live in what most consider a vacation home in the mountains so we've on vacation 24/7 anyway. I never want to leave to go anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I hate leaving the farm to go on vacation.

5. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Me too. I worry too much, and have too much poultry for the neighbors to take care of. [​IMG] Although they like getting free eggs. [​IMG] I like staying home all the time, and dislike being away for more then half day.

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Me 2!

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:I'll take em where we going when we leaving? How long can I stay??????? [​IMG]

8. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Me 2!

There are people like me out there! I never go on vacation...sure I might like to see different places sometime...just not important enough to me to pay so much to do it...and leave all my pets behind.I love being home [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thekid, now you're starting to sound like an old man that I know very well. [​IMG] ME. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Without the Princess to drag me out of my cave, I would have had a very boring life.

10. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Come to Australia. This place is enormous enough that you don't even need to leave the country to go on holiday, and we've got cheap airfares too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by