wich side up

darin367

Songster
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
Shelton, Wa.
raccoons wiped my flock out last night... i had given up on incubating eggs and had been letting the hens do it.... my wife is devastated... so i got out the bator.. i have some fertile eggs from the flock, they've been washed, but i've hatched before with washed eggs... not a good hatch rate but it's worth a try..... can't remember with side of egg to put up, the smaller pointy end or the big end, i have an egg turner.... thanks guys..

Quote:
Yus, pointy end down ^-^ If the pointy end is facing upwards, the air cell (Which is on the fat end)
may try and work it's way to the pointy end, making it impossible for the chicks to hatch.
Sorry about your chickens
hugs.gif
I'd be devastated, to. We currently have a coon that climbs
all over the coops at night trying to find a way in.. Hopefully we'll get him tonight ^-^

Good luck!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yus, pointy end up ^-^ If the fat end is facing upwards, the air cell (Which is on the fat end)
may try and work it's way to the pointy end, making it impossible for the chicks to hatch.
hugs.gif
all over the coops at night trying to find a way in.. Hopefully we'll get him tonight ^-^

Good luck!

The fat end is where you want the air cell and you want it to be *up*..
smile.png
Think you may have gotten a little "upside down" while typing.. LOL

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Yus, pointy end up ^-^ If the fat end is facing upwards, the air cell (Which is on the fat end)
hugs.gif

Good luck!

The fat end is where you want the air cell and you want it to be *up*..
smile.png
Think you may have gotten a little "upside down" while typing.. LOL

Goddess
jumpy.gif

WHOA

THANKYOU!
LOL
xD

Yes, I did get a bit upside down there o-o

Thankyou Goddess!

Back
Top Bottom