Wierd Muscovy Behaviour

Hayleigh Barnes

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 30, 2012
Australia
Can anyone tell me what this means? Sometimes my muscovy goes for a bit of a swim in her pond and all of a sudden she will just jump out and run around with her wings out! :S Its so cute. She looks like a little kid when they stretch out their arms and pretend to be a airplane.

But what does it mean when she does it?

Can anyone tell me what this means? Sometimes my muscovy goes for a bit of a swim in her pond and all of a sudden she will just jump out and run around with her wings out! :S Its so cute. She looks like a little kid when they stretch out their arms and pretend to be a airplane.

But what does it mean when she does it?

She doesn't always do it after a swim. Sometimes she will just open her wings and run and zoom around and skid around corners and stuff.

Based on what I have seen my runners do, she is feeling - ahem - frisky.

It's hormones. Normal. Cute.
Is it really hormonal ? My duck has started doing it since she had fully developed her flight feathers and was attempting to fly. I thought she was just playing....
hmm.png

Is it really hormonal ? My duck has started doing it since she had fully developed her flight feathers and was attempting to fly. I thought she was just playing....
hmm.png
I agree w/petjem. Both my Scovies and geese do this when they are esp. happy to get a nice bath. Sometimes more so than at other times and not necessarily when they want or are in breeding mode. My goodness it is WILD when two or three pools are being used and you have geese and Scovies ALL running around w/wings out jumping in and out of pools!
lau.gif
Quite impressive!!! I call it their "wild hair".... or in this case. ...."wild feather" mode.
wink.png

I have a pet male muscovy who is quite weird too. He got really aggressive as his duck puberty hit and was biting me a lot and I just discovered that he was trying to "mount" but when he does, instead of trying to mate, he crawls on my lap stretches his neck over my shoulder and wants to be hugged and held. If i hold him he calms right down and preens me. I need ad am trying to find him a real mate. my heart broke when i realized he really wanted to be held when I thought he was being aggressive and a butt when I was nearby.

'scovy hormones make them very strange

On another note my little mallard mix Ling does that same thing your girl does :)

Mine do it too :)  I just LOVE it, and sometimes join them (don't tell anyone, lol)

hahahahaha my partner does too! sometimes he.picks.her up and.runs.around.with her pretending to make her fly like a rocket and when he puts her down she continues.zooming around.herself. haha

I have a pet male muscovy who is quite weird too.          He got really aggressive as his duck puberty hit and was biting me a lot and I just discovered that he was trying to "mount" but when he does, instead of trying to mate, he crawls on my lap stretches his neck over my shoulder and wants to be hugged and held. If i hold him he calms right down and preens me. I need ad am trying to find him a real mate. my heart broke when i realized he really wanted to be held when I thought he was being aggressive and a butt when I was nearby. 

'scovy hormones make them very strange

On another note my little mallard mix Ling does that same thing your girl does :)

thats soooo sweet omg!

Back
Top Bottom