Wild baby bird under a broody hen?

Quote:
Yeah, I just realized that it was a dove! Awww...poor thing. We had bad storms come through while on vacation so I'm guessing maybe it fell out of the nest then. I'll go over his house tomorrow to see if I can find the nest on his property anywhere. He's got lots of trees so it's gonna be a chore. What should I feed it tonight?

Quote:
Yeah, I just realized that it was a dove! Awww...poor thing. We had bad storms come through while on vacation so I'm guessing maybe it fell out of the nest then. I'll go over his house tomorrow to see if I can find the nest on his property anywhere. He's got lots of trees so it's gonna be a chore. What should I feed it tonight?

Ask people in pigeon subforum about feeding protocol. I used to cross foster with pigeons or use the baby parrot food mix. Former has disease transfer issues and fledginng does not go where adoptive pigeon parents will follow. Do not give it milk.

NicInNC,

I did quick read of pigeon forum. Do you have any starter feed like used for baby chickens? If yes, mix with water to make a paste. Get a syringe suck it up and gently force past into back of squab's (baby dove's) mouth. Watch for distinsion of crop.

Do not use milk!

Quote:
I do have starter feed.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom