Wild chicken

chickenchick2714

Chirping
Mar 9, 2023
One of our girls for the last week has gone rogue we cannot get her back in the coop from free ranging, she has evaded us and has been renamed Rambo for her ability to survive and determination to not go inside is unmatched. She hangs outside all day and night we have spent every day for hours trying to catch her, trick her inside, lay in waiting I am apparently not smarter than a chicken. She is THRIVING and so happy but how she has not become a predators dinner has baffled and worried us sick? I almost had her in the coop yesterday literally she had one foot in and before I could even move to close the door she decided that isn’t the life for her. I go out every morning waiting to find her worried sick and she’s eating and hanging out on top of the coop unbothered. Could she be laying eggs somewhere and this is where the elusiveness is coming from? I will not give up 😂 has anyone else had this happen?! She’s also the fastest chicken I’ve ever seen in my life she’s the only one who refuses to come home

I will post better pictures but we have 12 chickens now our coop is made from pallets and has an elevated roof we are working on finishing our run! We’ve raised her since a chick and she has all of a sudden just loved her freedom I guess 😂😂 shes still out doing her thing! This is also her on top😂

Attachments

• A57601D6-352C-49B9-8190-BA2403B702F0.jpeg
    A57601D6-352C-49B9-8190-BA2403B702F0.jpeg
    627.7 KB · Views: 10
Update! Rambo has decided to rejoin her family and is truly a survivor a few days ago I went out in the morning and found Rambo as always circling about but she had been attacked by something and it got her shoulder pretty bad I started cleaning the wound and she’s fully recovered now! She’s my little fighter and I’m SO glad she’s made the right choice to return to the coop 😂

Back
Top Bottom