Wild guesses about my call ducklings' gender

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I have four of 'em, about five weeks old. Two grays, two whites. One of the grays is larger than the other three and just LOOKS like it will be a drake. One of the two whites is quite small and petite, but I am hoping both of the whites will turn out to be girls. The other gray has a lovely coloring of her feathers across her breast and tummy and just LOOKS like she's a girl.

I know.. I know..post photos. Well, they're in a brooder and the red light interferes with good pictures. Also, they're afraid of the camera! So I haven't been able to get good shots of 'em yet.
41679_scaredyducks12-14-a.jpg

And this one, huddled together for protection against the Evil Flash.
41679_scaredyducks12-14.jpg

They actually all look the same to me....VERY CUTE!!!!
big_smile.png
Sorry..bit hard to sex when they are those colours at that age. What are the voices like?? You may be able to tell from that by this age.

Nah, they mostly still peep/whistle. I was just feeling hopeful because I saw some photos of a gray call duck pair, and the female looked so much like.. well, both of mine, but the smaller of my two just looks so feminine, and the larger looks manly. LOL!!!

They're awfully darned cute. And, probably due to their size, less messy than my Cayuga pair were as babies.

Gryeyes, the grays tend to look alike up until the head on the drake starts turning. Mine went from a Darcy to a Darby at a couple of months old-he had me fooled for a good while. He was really quiet so it made it hard to tell about him.
Guess from me(and it's only a guess) is 3 hens and one drake(gray).
Sure are cute, whatever they are.

Back
Top Bottom