1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wild night last night

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Netherworldtaken, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Netherworldtaken

Netherworldtaken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    We had a very bad storm suprise us last night. If you have seen my coop page you can see that we have two coop access doors, a screen one and a wood one to cover the scree. Snince it was warm we left the screen exposed, as normal. I surprise storm blew through at 1 am. 70 mph winds and massive rain. When we ran out to shut up the coop, our red was inthe corner away from the door, the buff orph was hiding under the feeder and the rock was "protecting" the other girls, sopping wet on the roost next to the screen. Everyone is fine today, but it was quite the night.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aawwww poor babies. They do hate getting soaked. By screen door I hope you mean hardwire cloth....screen will not stop predators from getting in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by