TheBirdBabe

Songster
10 Years
Jun 8, 2013
This dove keeps showing up in the yard when I let my chickens out in the evenings. It lets me get closer than any wild dove & doesn't seem to be too skittish. It looks a bit too "tangerine" to be a wild one..

About this time last year we found a domestic dove, do you think this one is domestic too? 🤔

Attachments

• 20230524_181321.jpg
    20230524_181321.jpg
    817.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230524_181316.jpg
    20230524_181316.jpg
    978.2 KB · Views: 20
I remember your previous thread with the piebald dove. I think this one is also definitely an escaped pet ringneck dove versus a feral collared dove.
I would catch this one too as a companion for the first dove :)

I remember your previous thread with the piebald dove. I think this one is also definitely an escaped pet ringneck dove versus a feral collared dove.
I would catch this one too as a companion for the first dove :)
Funny enough, I STILL have my pied dove... I named her Pumpkin! ...get it? 🤣

Thanks for the reply! I immediately thought that this dove acted like Pumpkin when we first "met". It comes in every evening & has eaten scratch with my chickens, but never made a noise.

I think that either 1) there's someone that keeps doves in the area & they're accidentally losing them or 2) someone comes out on a certain day & releases them at the cemetery close to my house. I definitely know my chickens draw them in though!

You have a Dove magnet in your backyard! I'd love to have new pets just show up and ask for me to be their human! Seriously though, they're so lucky to have found you before something less friendly found it.

Back
Top Bottom