Wilderlands Mountain -BEWARE- FRAUD

Mrsmalexander8

Chirping
Apr 18, 2023
I am not in the habit of posting negative reviews, but this is more of a "beware" to anyone new to buying chickens and falling for something that seems perhaps too good to be true (as I just recently did, it would appear).

I was searching for some Svart Hona chicks and found them listed online through "Wilderlands Mountain" (https://wilderlandsmtn.com/), and other exciting breeds like Black Copper Marans. I checked out their instagram and I found they posted on here, but hadn't posted anything in a while. I chalked that up to their "off grid" lifestyle and bought 9 chicks from them for $195.00. I received an order confirmation the day of my order saying they would ship in the future (late may/early June). I followed up several more times and got no answer, but then another answer with dates, apologizing for being unresponsive due to family emergency. Ok, no problem I thought.

In between then and "hatch day" I emailed with other questions, and got no communication. Again, I chalked it up to "off grid." However, they told me they'd be emailing within 48 hours of shipment to confirm, which I never received. I emailed again and again. No phone number so I couldn't call. Finally, I emailed threatening to report them if I didnt hear, and got an immediate email back that they had an emergency and lost all the chicks because there was no backup generator for the incubator, and I'd be issued a refund within 7-10 days. Ok.

Well, here we are, over 10 business days later and I've checked in again several times to no avail. So I had to report to my card carrier for a refund, and reporting here in the hopes that a) Wilderlands will see this and make it right or b) others will read this and stay away!! There's no way to report them through shopify (for the site), but I figured this is the next best thing.

I am not in the habit of posting negative reviews, but this is more of a "beware" to anyone new to buying chickens and falling for something that seems perhaps too good to be true (as I just recently did, it would appear).

I was searching for some Svart Hona chicks and found them listed online through "Wilderlands Mountain" (https://wilderlandsmtn.com/), and other exciting breeds like Black Copper Marans. I checked out their instagram and I found they posted on here, but hadn't posted anything in a while. I chalked that up to their "off grid" lifestyle and bought 9 chicks from them for $195.00. I received an order confirmation the day of my order saying they would ship in the future (late may/early June). I followed up several more times and got no answer, but then another answer with dates, apologizing for being unresponsive due to family emergency. Ok, no problem I thought.

In between then and "hatch day" I emailed with other questions, and got no communication. Again, I chalked it up to "off grid." However, they told me they'd be emailing within 48 hours of shipment to confirm, which I never received. I emailed again and again. No phone number so I couldn't call. Finally, I emailed threatening to report them if I didnt hear, and got an immediate email back that they had an emergency and lost all the chicks because there was no backup generator for the incubator, and I'd be issued a refund within 7-10 days. Ok.

Well, here we are, over 10 business days later and I've checked in again several times to no avail. So I had to report to my card carrier for a refund, and reporting here in the hopes that a) Wilderlands will see this and make it right or b) others will read this and stay away!! There's no way to report them through shopify (for the site), but I figured this is the next best thing.
With any website I am always suspicious of any that have no phone number. No physical address listed as well. I even call the number first to make sure it's a real number and a real person answers

Looks like I fell for it as well, I did finally get a response as you did and I’m waiting to hear back on this refund I’m curious how yours went. I’m also going to second just beware of the seller . And her contact back she did state they would be updating the information on the website, I have yet to see this happen I do know that they’re definitely putting this information out there on the chicks they are selling and the charges, I say until they can do better business steer clear

Looks like I fell for it as well, I did finally get a response as you did and I’m waiting to hear back on this refund I’m curious how yours went. I’m also going to second just beware of the seller . And her contact back she did state they would be updating the information on the website, I have yet to see this happen I do know that they’re definitely putting this information out there on the chicks they are selling and the charges, I say until they can do better business steer clear
Would be interested to see what happens to you. I have got zero communication from them and my card company has refunded me and investigating them.

Back
Top Bottom