Wildlife Rehab for wild ducklings/ducks

kathleens1979

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 3, 2014
Hanna City, Il
Thought I would share in case someone finds themselves in a similar situation. I had a student bring me a wild mallard duckling they found on the road this morning. Since I am the only person my student knows with ducks, of course he brought it to me. I never can say no to an animal (or a student) in need, so I took the poor thing. It looks healthy, but is extremely frightened and unhappy to be alone. I started looking for a list of wildlife rehabers that might take him/her and found this list on the Humane Society of the United States. I was able to look up my state (Illinois), which took me to an extension site where I looked up my county. A list of names popped up, and I was able to call a rehabber at 9:00 PM and talk to a human being. He offered to come get the duckling tonight, but I told him I could care for it until tomorrow since I have my own flock. It was amazing! If you need a place to take wildlife you find, check out this list:

http://m.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/find-a-wildlife-rehabilitator.html

Thanks this could be very helpful to me!!
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Back
Top Bottom