Will a broody guinea lay on chicken eggs successfully?

sashanellie

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2015
Out of my mixed flock, only my guinea hens have gone broody, which I've posted about in another thread. So, my question is, in case some of those chickens were mating with the guinea cocks, could I slip some chicken eggs under the broody guineas? The timing would be perfect, they've been sitting for 3 days.
I always see posts about slipping guinea eggs under broody chickens, but here is the opposite situation.

Thoughts?

Out of my mixed flock, only my guinea hens have gone broody, which I've posted about in another thread. So, my question is, in case some of those chickens were mating with the guinea cocks, could I slip some chicken eggs under the broody guineas? The timing would be perfect, they've been sitting for 3 days.
I always see posts about slipping guinea eggs under broody chickens, but here is the opposite situation.

Thoughts?

If you want to add chicken eggs to the guinea eggs, you should do so on day 7 since guinea eggs take 26 to 28 days to hatch and chicken eggs only take 21 days.

Update - the girls seemed so dedicated, but didn't stay on the eggs consistently, so I didn't try it. Thanks for your info, though!

Back
Top Bottom