Will a chicken with mereks be able to lay eggs?

dskerns

Chirping
Jun 16, 2021
I have a 8 months old silkie hen that’s been paralyzed for almost 4 months.She has no other symptoms of mereks other than being paralyzed.We took her to the vet 2 times and he treated her for and ear infection the first time and the second a spinal injury.Would she be able to lay eggs if it was mereks??She has never lasted and egg even before she got paralyzed.

I think that chickens with Mareks can lay eggs. Was she hurt, and that is why the vet was thinking that she had a spinal injury? Do you have any pictures of her? Can she move either leg or foot? How are you keeping her and seeing that she can eat and drink? Has her back ever looked crooked or humpback?

I think that chickens with Mareks can lay eggs. Was she hurt, and that is why the vet was thinking that she had a spinal injury? Do you have any pictures of her? Can she move either leg or foot? How are you keeping her and seeing that she can eat and drink? Has her back ever looked crooked or humpback?
Well the day we found her a rooster was on top of her in the corner.yes I’ll upload some pics.Yes she can move her feet and legs very well she just can’t keep her balance on her upper half.Well she had been living in our house ever since she got hurt she sleeps with me in my bed and she goes every where with us.She gets up every morning thirsty and drinks a lot throughout the day and eats a lot through the day.No her back doesn’t look crooked or humpback.

CF25211D-566C-41DF-AAA2-A9161E35BE57.jpeg
DC97FA21-5D70-419C-8F88-DDD9E301FCC5.jpeg

Came across this post as I was researching one of my hens ailments. I also had a hen who went paralyzed and who lived in our house for ~6 months. She did start laying eggs and eventually regained use of her legs. It took a while though. Hopefully your girl will also recover.

Came across this post as I was researching one of my hens ailments. I also had a hen who went paralyzed and who lived in our house for ~6 months. She did start laying eggs and eventually regained use of her legs. It took a while though. Hopefully your girl will also recover.
Oh my wow that’s exciting!!!!Hopefully

Came across this post as I was researching one of my hens ailments. I also had a hen who went paralyzed and who lived in our house for ~6 months. She did start laying eggs and eventually regained use of her legs. It took a while though. Hopefully your girl will also recover
How did she act?

Back
Top Bottom