Will Black Australorp pullet eggs be fertile?

She was squatting at 7 months and was even mated...but then was hurt. All my older hens went through their molt and still aren't back to laying. One of my pullet EE's started laying at 6months and the other EE(hatch mate) still hasn't laid either, and she's turning 8 months this month too. We are starting slowly to get our daylight hours back one minute at a day :) ANY HELPFUL HINTS TO GETTING THEM STARTED LAYING(except adding lights)...I'VE USED THE PEPPER FLAKES ETC. OUT OF 6 HENS AND 2 PULLETS ONLY TWO ARE LAYING :(

What type of injury did she sustain. It could well be that the injury is the cause of her not laying. You might want to post this on our Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/18/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying, and take advantage of our experts there. Good luck with the restart of their laying.

Quote: I wasn't home at the time, but i think it was from a red-tail hawk, which was saved by my Cockerel(with his life)....my son realized what was going on, ran out and stopped the hawk, but he was too late, my little rooster was dead. I found my Australorp pullet lying on her side smashed in a clump of grass and the fence...i thought she was dead. Anyway long story short she's pulled through and is just fine now... :) I have read they are slow to mature...plus timing was bad with maturing during winter :(

Back
Top Bottom