Will chickens be bothered by loud neighbor noise?

eulou

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
I realize this question is usually put the other way around, but I am wondering if all the loud noises my neighbors make will disturb my chickens. They have children that scream for no reason all day and often late into the night. I'm mostly worried about the sounds at night while they are roosting. Could these kinds of noises stress a chicken out?

Your chickens will get used to it. You're right in saying that it is the other way around that you'll have to worry about. I had no idea my hens would be as loud as they are, especially after laying and when they want out in the morning.

First
welcome-byc.gif
. And they will get used to the noise, I was working on the floor for the new coop yesterday and the girls kept walking under the end of the boards i was sawing. I would chase them off and they would come right back.

Last fall I set my gas powered log splitter right next to my run. The first time I started it they were a little afraid ~ but they soon realized that with the log splitter noise came grubs and other buggies I found when splitting wood. They now run to the fence by the splitter and wait for goodies when we fire it up!

Thanks everyone. It is good to know my hens will easily adapt to all the strange noises outside.

welcome-byc.gif
You are right- it is more likely that the neighbors will be bothered by "chicken noise." Noisey neighbors won't bother the chickens, but loud noises at night can sometimes cause roosters to crow which might further bother the neighbors. Sort of sounds as if they don't have much room for complaining since THEY are so noisey.
lol.png

My house sadly has air conditioners all around it, so the garden always has a humming noise 24 hours a day, its kinda loud, will my chickens be able to live in my garden which has a loud humming noise? Will they get stressed or something?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom