Will chickens destroy this?

CrazyForCochins927

Songster
9 Years
Oct 31, 2010
Green Bay, Wisconsin
I'm starting to plan a place for my chickens coop and I have a spot under a deck with a lot of foliage around it and then a large open yard. Should I put the coop under the deck, out will they destroy my flowers? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_163245.jpg
    IMG_20200610_163245.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 51
Decide what you want more; chickens or flowers under the deck because if the chickens can, they will be in the flower bed-eating tasty flowers-eating insects-dust bathing-all the while scratching and digging. If you want both there then plan on keeping the poultry locked in. I, myself, with only six birds, would put them under the deck to keep them safe. However, should you plan on having more than six, put the coop away from the house as chickens can be messy.

Perhaps making a coop that can be moved is a good option for you.

Chickens are tiny feathered bulldozers that will eat most anything green! Having their owns space away from the house is probably best for smell, noise, flies...

Gorgeous yard, by the way- a chicken coop would be a great addition. Watching chickens in a supervised field trip scratch around a lawn is better than TV. Grab a glass of wine and relax!

Chickens and flower/vegetable beds do not mix. You have a beautiful garden and I'd hate to see it destroyed. I agree with making a separate coop and run. There are several you can buy that look nice and many awesome designs here in the forums! Bust of luck with your decision!

Back
Top Bottom