Will chickens eat voles/shrews?

I had them find one once and it looked like an Indy500 race, they tore it to spreads and relay raced with it for over an hour, I think everybody got a piece of that little guy!!! So, my answer would be a solid YES.

Lmao! That is hilarious.

My cat catches them daily in summer, but I don't think the chickens have ever actually killed one, they do raise a ruckus when critters get in their run with them, but I don't know that they've ever done anything about it, unfortunately.

My cat is an indoor cat, and my neighbors cats are old and lazy. My chickens are sorta strange with other animals. The only living creature I ever tried to feed them was a giant grasshopper that was on the roof of my car one day. I stuck it to a piece of duct tape and let the chickens pull it off. They ran around with it and pecked at it, but didn't eat it.

I'll be interested to see what they do with the shrews and voles.

I'm always paranoid that neighbors might have poison out for the rodents and that something bad will happen if I let my pets eat them. I don't know how real this concern is, but I still worry.

Back
Top Bottom